What do you think about the "Ferber Method"?

Asked by EminBC at 12:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it is cruel for children under the age of 12 months. After that I can understand it more, but still don't agree with it.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think it's horrible and mean spirited!! A child should NEVER be treated like that!!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am strongly against it.

Answer by Lynette at 12:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I attempted it once but couldn't follow through.

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• What is it exactly? Does it make babies "cry it out"?

Comment by EminBC (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I insist of following Nature's Cues to parent my children.
    From the womb and through their childhood.
    My children want to be nurtured and comforted to sleep, not left alone, upset.

I would never do this program.

Answer by doulala at 2:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Even Dr. Ferber stopped believing in Feberizing babies:

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ok, i might be stupid, but did a guy really have to invent that method? like mothers have never let the kid cry ever? lol. just another over paid paid idiot for stating the obvious
    i don't see anything wrong with letting baby vr it out. however, i would never let my 9 week old cry it out. she has no idea what im doing. now maybe at 6 months of age if im still sleeping on the couch with her! lol. but im not sure why they had to slap some dudes name on it. but whsatever!

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've never looked into it and have no idea what is involved. For the most part, I use common sense in parenting rather than following a particular "experts" method.

Answer by missanc at 9:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think its cruel, and it did not feel right to me. My desire to get a full night sleep never outweighed my child's cries for my love and attention. I know some friends who tried it and swear by it but my son started sleeping through the night just as soon as theirs did.

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011