Do You Take Care Of Or Look Out For Others More Than You Care for Yourself?

I tend to look out for others or do more for others than I do for myself. But I'm learning not to give in as much as I used to..  

free1

Asked by free1 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I used to be in that same boat. But I have learned that not everyone respects your kindness. I give because I want to and that is who I am "I love to help." But if I need something I do that also. I realized that when you start loving yourself more, that others see that and they respect it more. It is a balance needed...
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Read about "emotional freedom" It really helped me to care and still be compassionate with out their problems draining the life out of me. It's ok to say NO.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 1:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yep, I'm one of those people. I'm starting to put myself into perspective, but it is more baby steps.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would love to be taken care of. I do not think that will ever happen.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i used to but not anymore. i have learnt my lesson.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yes i do i always look out for others then me i try to make sure the ones i love is happy even if i'm not but you

sometimes it's o.k to be nice to people that you love. but you should think about you to do what makes you happy

try do things for yourself it don't hurt to spoil youself every know and then.
    pinkstar2134

Answer by pinkstar2134 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I do the same thing. I always put people before me. I really do have to start treating myself better though. It's great to put others before yourself and everything, but you have to take care of you too.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Look out for my kids above everyone else including myself. They KNOW they are loved.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I can and only will speak for myself.

Nope. That is a recipe for disaster for me. If I don't take care of **me** first and foremost, if I am not mentally/emotionally/physically "healthy" (taken care of).. I can't very well take care of those around me to the best of my ability.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011