what the iud like?

so i was told that i cant take the pill or any combined birthcontrol anymore because it is putting me at high risk of stroke and i pass out while i drive on them... so i have only a few choices the iud, the implanon or the shot. i wont do the shot because i can take up to two years to get pregnant after you use it regularly and i want more kids as soon as my husband agrees to more kids so two years is too long. i dont really like the idea of the implant but its the implant or the iud!!!

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've had the Mirena for a little over 4 years. It's almost time to replace it... I LOVE THE MIRENA! I had spotting for the first 6 months, but I haven't had a period yet, my husband and I have no need for condoms and I am so positive that the Mirena is superman sperm proof lol. It hurt like hell getting it put in, but it's been SOOOOO worth it!
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I agree, the Depo shot is a BAD idea! I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on it, and had AWFUL mood swings, and I've heard similar stories from hoards of women. I have Mirena also, and I'm very happy with it. I very rarely feel it, and it's the most effective form of birth control after abstinence. I LOVE that it's immediately reversible, too! We conceived our son within a month of having my first one removed! No trouble there!! I would highly recommend either IUD (Mirena or Paragard).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• the depos not good
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Depo made me gain sooo much weight when I was a teen, that I still cant lose!!!! Umm..... well I have paraguard..and yes it hurt a bit putting it... I mean CS hurt more, so not complaining...took about a month to get my period, and ever since (for 2 months) my periods have been so heavy that I bleed through super plus tampons within 30-45 minutes, oh and when you get it, well just put it this way, my hubby wouldnt sleep with me for 2 weeks, because when we were ok'd to have sex, he felt it, and it hurt him bad, so we waited a couple more days, and it was fine, and still is
    AshleyGrantham

Answer by AshleyGrantham at 6:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I had the Paraguard IUD in and I hated it..it was uncomfortable my periods were so heavy, cramps were really bad. I think I had it in for a couple months and had to have it removed. I dont dare try the mirana iud cause I dont want to have to go in acouple months to have it removed.
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2011