Could it be PTLS or just wishful thinking? adult content

Also posted in my Journal

My first pregnancy was a little scary, I lost a lot of weight in the beginning. I was told this was normal due to "morning sickness". I had false labor the last 2 months of my pregnancy. The day I had my daughter was one of the most precious days in my life but also one of the most scariest too. I was at one hospital visiting a friend who had just had her baby the day before. As we were leaving my contractions started, they were so bad I couldn't even walk through them. We decided to go get something to eat to see if they would just go away, as they had in the past two months. Well on the way to the restaurant I had my husband stop by the house so I could use the bathroom. Well the pains were getting worse and worse, I told my husband to just take me to the hospital. They checked me in and the nurses examined me. After about an hour or so they said I wasn't in labor...They were getting ready to release me. One nurse walked out (after telling me I was going home, and not even a minute later another came in to get my vitals. I told her something was wrong, I felt something "down there". She checked me and sure enough my daughter was coming into the world. I was diagnosed with Beta Strep, but because of the quick labor and delivery I didn't get the required antibiotics, in-turn my daughter ingested some of the amniotic fluid. She wasn't breathing. the Doctor (who wasn't my Doctor) kept asking for her vital signs and all I can remember was the nurses saying there isn't any. I actually saw my daughter FLY through the air as the doctor threw her to the medical team standing by. They revived her and took her to the "NICU". The cultured her and found that indeed she was infected by the B-Strep. She had to stay in the NICU for ten days for antibiotics. She is now 11 years old and very healthy, I thank God everyday because she is indeed a gift.

My second pregnancy was even scarier. Throughout my in-tire pregnancy I had dizzy spells, and passed out several times. Every time I did pass out my husband would take me to the ER and they would keep me for several days to run tests. The Doctors said the "spells" were due to low blood pressure. I went into active labor at 30 weeks...they stopped it...32 weeks...they stopped it. Finally at 34 weeks they couldn't stop it any longer, the medicine was just not working anymore. My son was ready to meet us. He also came really fast. So fast that my husband almost slept through the delivery. But there was complications, the placenta ruptured. The Doctor was very quick about fixing things so there was no real danger to me or my son. He is now 10 years old and the only health problem he has is Migraine headaches.

The day I had him I signed papers to have my tubes tied. I was doubtful then and regret it everyday. I was pressured into it by my family (excluding my wonderful husband who was against it but supported my descion which every way I chose) I have recently read a few articles stating that women shouldnt have thier tubes tied following a difficult pregnancy out of fear. Also that they should talk to their doctors at least 6 weeks before the tubal ligation.

Now 10 years later I have been reading about Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Several of the symptoms I have, including, Heavy painful periods, Bad headaches, Depression, fatigue, insomnia, mood changes, lower back pain which has no known cause, I have also developed facial hair (tons of it) and painful sexual intercourse with no known cause. I have had several different diagnosis' including PMDD (a sever form of PMS), Depression, Hormonal imbalance. And no explanation as to the back pain or sexual difficulties.

I have considered Tubal ligation reversal but it is really expensive and its surgery (AGAIN). We really want another child and I want these symptoms to go away.

LizB78781

Asked by LizB78781 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't have a answer at all to this but I am so sorry for all you had to go through..I hope you are able to find a way to get this done as it sounds like it would help lesson or get rid of the problems
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• if medically it would help you, then i say go for it!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i agree with PP and good luck!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't know anything about this subject, but your story touched me. I am sorry for all the struggle you've had. Hearing that and also that you want another child really warms my heart! Being a mother must be so wonderful and I can't wait :)

I say do whatever is best for you medically and don't let anyone pressure you into it this time!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• IDK but GOOD LUCK
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Do what you wana do and dont listen to anyone else !!!!
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 6:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011