Funky Pee?

My daughter is a little over 2 years old... isn't potty trained (working on it) and can talk enough that we understand her fully. Ive noticed the past week or so her pee has smelled... extra strong almost nauseating (im pregnant may just be me) but ive noticed that from her usual wet yellow/no color pull ups its now a darker color when wet. Her mood hasn't changed and she doesn't seem to be sick... or act sick... i assumed maybe it was from her medicine i put on her since she is prone to yeasty diaper rashes and we are fighting yet another one. Could it be associated? I am gonna call the doctor in the morning but it's just so odd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would guess the meds, but definately have it checked for a UTI or something, also your sense of smell is alot stronger when your prego, so that could be part of it.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It could be the meds although I would make sure she is drinking enough. Usually urine is darker the less you drink so I would just make sure she is drinking enough. If it doesn't change I would call the doctor and ask what they think.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• could be yes maybe just best to check it with a dr tho
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2011