Best Cheap Beauty Products You've Ever Used

Name a few of best cheap beauty products you've ever used (something you can find in a drug store) and why you love them so much.

Mine are:

Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara - It's better than anything I've ever bought at a department store or Sephora. Volumizes and lengthens without clumping and I've never had a problem with it flaking or running.

Olay Complete SPF 30 Defense Daily UV Moisturizer (Sensitive Skin) - not to greasy but moisturizes well and it's fragrance free so it doesn't irritate my skin. I also mix it with a dab of Clean and Clear Persa Gel before applying it. The combo keeps my skin clear and moisturized.

Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash (Sensitive Skin) - removes makeup and makes my skin feel really clean withouth drying it out or irritating it.

Witch Hazel - I use this as a toner. It's gentle but effective and good for all skin types. Not to mention it's extremely cheap. Can usually be found in the first aid isle near the peroxide.

I went to cosmetology school and used to use all the expensive stuff on the market but when I became a mom (and it wasn't all about me anymore) I had to get on a budget and find cheaper products without sacrificing effectiveness.

courtloux_128

Asked by courtloux_128 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Thanks for sharing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hands down.... EVOO, Caster Oil and Sugar. (as a mixture)
    No kidding. When it comes to moisturizing and exfoliating, you can't beat it, rather it's on your legs, hands or face. The caster oil pulls the dirt out, the sugar exfoliates (naturally - and dissolves so you don't keep scrubbing too long, like with sea salt) and the EVOO is the perfect moisturizer. It set my skin right in less than a week when I was over dry from a very expensive facial system.

Witch Hazel is my second product. I use it for a toner -- AND use is with eucalyptus and lavender oil for mosquito repellent in the summer - I'm allergic to Deet.

Lastly is Aspirin and Rubbing Alcohol... 40 aspirin in the bottle, dissolve, shake up and put on acne blemishes/breakouts - they're gone in less than 24 hours. Way less expensive than proactiv

Yeah, as I get older, I don't buy into a lot of shelf products anymore. Turns out grandma was right about a lot!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I love those remedies, Shelby! I will be trying them out!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Burts Bees chapstick. I don't leave home without it!
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 2:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Avon!!! They are cheaper than anything you can buy at the drug store.
    mommyIam08

Answer by mommyIam08 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I love Neutrogena glycerine bars and oil free moisturizer. I like Garnier's eye cream. I stick with the dept stores for my color cosmetics though. Its so hard to go back after you've been using quality products that really march your skin tone and type for so long.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 4:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Rimmel Lipsticks and their mascara is good also
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011