10 year old aware of Boners???

I caught my son in the bath tub staring and admiring his erect penis! He jumped when he noticed I was putting towels away in the bathroom. Is this normal for a TEN year old??? I couldn't help but laugh when I walked out. But isn't that a little young???

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 1:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sounds normal to me. My husband said he started admiring his around age 8 or 9.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• How can they NOT be aware of it!! The thing hangs off the front of them 24/7!! Even my 4 year old asked my why his pee-pee is long when he wakes up in the morning. It's normal for them to notice their equipment at any age I'd say.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My 4 year old is kind of aware of his. We're in the process of potty training but at night when I change him if it's sticking out he'll tell me, " Mommy be careful, my pee-pee's big". It's normal. They're boys and they have something that sticks out and feels funny. Even my 2 year old laughs everytime I wipe his with a baby wipe.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• totally normal! he has probably been aware of it for a while and this is just the first time you caught him checking it out,. I would not worry!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, it is normal. It is not normal for a mother to enter the bathroom when a ten year old boy is in there.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Definitely normal. I have two boys and they both noticed when they were about 4.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011