my dd is 2 and sleeps in my bed still. I dont mind it i actuallu love cuddling her but

she sleeps so crazy. Constantly moving she literally hits me yells kicks. And all of this while shes completely asleep. How can i calm this down?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I honestly don't think you can. My daughter starts off in her own bed every night and then comes into my room at about 7 and sleeps for another hour, she's 4 now and still doing this! I hope someone has better advice for you!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 2:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i mean how can i stop her kicking and hitting n yelling in her sleep?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I agree, you really can't. DS can be the same way some nights, and while it sucks, short of waking him up, there's not much to be done. You're kinda stuck between either moving her to her own bed, or dealing with the kicking and such. At 2, they don't understand why you are waking them, if you DO wake her to stop it. It might be worth a try, though, or you can try soothing her, and putting a hand on her tummy or back and shushing her (or doing whatever your calming thing is). Good luck! I know I will miss the snuggles when DS isn't coming to our bed in the mornings!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It sounds like it might be time to transition her into her own bed

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• maybe a calming night time routine? idk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• When my son (also 2) does this either hubby or I will reach over and put a hand on his back or tummy and say mommy's here or daddy's here. Since we have started this the wild nights are becoming less frequent. Also we no longer allow tv at night.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• to the OP, that's what I meant, I don't think you can stop them from doing that in their sleep. I think it's just one of those things that they will eventually grow out of.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011