If I would run Cafe Mom, I would ........ (plz fill in the blanks)

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Make an option to block anon answers from a question when posting it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i would create the award of most voted down and show their profiles
    LMAO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's okay the way it is. The only thing that came to my mind earlier was: I would automatically delete a user's profile if the person hasn't logged in for a whole year. The last three month they's get 3 mails to have a chance to log in again. Otherwise get rid or inactive members. The internet is cluttered enough.
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would terminate all accounts that were caught trolling. Make it to where they couldn't just sign up for new accounts. Do away with the bogus questions and answers that are just people voting up non-questions and non-answers so that they can get credits. I would also add more categories in questions like breastfeeding, labor and delivery, and miscellaneous

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• How do you catch somebody trolling?
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 4:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• . Do away with the bogus questions and answers that are just people voting up non-questions and non-answers so that they can get credits. I would also add more categories in questions like breastfeeding, labor and delivery, and miscellaneous

CM was warned about this when they announced that they would be changing the Answers section to a points system. They changed it anyway.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Like you, I would detete out inactive members as well as inactive groups. There are some profiles/groups that haven't had any activity since 2007. That's insane. It makes it more difficult to find active members and groups.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• IP checking on new accounts against existing accounts and limited access for group owner accts that only exist to admin a group. Scout's change about not allowing anon answers in questions you ask if you choose, bump the level requirement for anon up to 25, and reduce the points awarded in the Just for Fun sections by half. Take anon away from downvoting and have it show up in the answers feed just like upvotes. Thread memory where you open a question, group post or journal and it takes you immediately to the last answer/comment you read on whatever page it was on, just like normal net forums already do.

In other words - I would address all the issues that came up when they first came to us and asked about all these changes to the answers section and were brought up to them repeatedly.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would delete the people who kiss up to the admins because someone disagrees with them. Some people seem to think they "own" the Answers section and get their panties in a wad if you don't crawl up their butts and live there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would make it so no one could answer anonomously :D
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 4:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011