do you agree with sex before marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• My personal choice was to have sex before marriage. I don't know if I would consider it a "belief" like something to fight for or against. I don't think its my business what anyone else does, nor do I really care. As for my kids, I am going to teach them to be selective, be smart, be cautious and use protection... I won't expect them to wait for marriage... but I will encourage them to keep it reserved for meaningful relationships. I've never had a one night stand - I don't think less of people that have, I'm just super cautious and honestly afraid of disease and such. I will try to pass that kind of thinking to my kids.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Oh yes. I agree with it. I am divorce and so therefore not a virgin. LOL. Sex is an area I would like to be compatible with my mate as part of determine a long-term committment. But there is nothing wrong with two people wanting to wait for sex til they are married, if they are both on the same page with this spiritually. I just hope that they have the kind of relationship where they can communicate and grow with each other to make sex a good part of the relationship.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well, this question COULD turn into a big debate if certain people see it. I think personally it all depends on who you are and what type of lifestyle you have. FOR ME, yes, i believe that having sex before getting married was a good idea. If I had not KNOWN 100% that we were sexually compatible, I would have probably not have married him. To me sex is VERY important. It's not the only way to show affection, but it is a big deal to me. To other people it may not be so important. And for people who are highly religious, having sex before marriage might put a mental strain that would cause problems down the line. I think it is a personal decision, not something that the bible should decide, not to be anti-religion or anything.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes, how else do you know what your getting into lol.
    Anonymous

• Well...it would be really funny if I didn't support it, at least for myself. I'm 8.5 months pregnant and I'm not married :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Do i agree with it, yes and no..i believe you should hold out for your one true love, but if it happens before marriage then it happens before marriage...i fully believed in staying a virgin until i got married,..well i lost my virginity before i got married, but i gave it to the love of my life, and we're still married..it's just a matter of opinion.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It is like trying on an outfit before buying it to make sure it fits. I think it is necessary.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We all have our own opinions and beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• yes aslong as you lose it to the one youre going to marry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Do you test drive a car before you commit to it? Marriage is a bigger commitment and I want to KNOW that I'm sexually compatible with a man before I commit myself to the rest of my life. Because I had premarital sex with him, I knew that my husband was the right man in all respects. We've been together for 18 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2008