Besides an inhaler what stops wheezing?

I woke up wheezing and I think my husband threw out my inhaler because it was expired and he said it wasn't safe!! Ughh but I can't sleep and there isn't a store open to buy another inhaler. I can breathe, I'm just wheezing and it's making me choke and cough. Anyone know of anything else I can use or do to stop the wheezing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• I have asthma. I find that caffeine helps, but it won't help you sleep. I always find that relaxing in a nice hot bath can help.

http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_asthma.htm

Try this. :o)
    LaraHappyMummy

Answer by LaraHappyMummy at 4:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Try a vaporizer or go into the bathroom and close the door, run a hot shower and sit there in the steam. I've had asthma my entire life. Before I was able to use asthma medication when I was a baby, this is what they would tell my mom to do for me. I don't think anything works better than a rescue inhaler though. I really hope they find a cure for asthma someday!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Dh suggested you try Walgreens, CVS and the like. They are usually 24 hours and carry emergency inhalers.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• arrgghhive no idea sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• caffeine like first poster said- other than that I would try to see if SOMETHING is open. Otherwise you may be making a trip to the ER for a breathing treatment...
    WHY would hubby throw out your inhaler...I have had some in the past that were out of date and it's a good thing I had them when I needed them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies. It went away after an hour! The only drug stores within 10 miles of here close at night. And he threw it out because I was still using it and he said it wasn't good for my lungs. He thinks he knows this because he went to pharmacy school, so maybe it's true but I need it anyway!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011