How long should a baby share our room? adult content

when the baby comes- we have an area in the bedroom for a crib. When should
we put the baby in his/her own room. I understand the "intamcey" issue but we
are often not "before sleep-relugated to the bedroom" kind of couple. TMI?

Norbyland

Asked by Norbyland at 4:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• i kept my son in my room untill he was 4 months, when i switched him to his own room he started sleeping through the night..it really depends on the baby, my son was a great sleeper at night from day1 i was never up more than once a night to nurse him, so having him in a different room wasn't a big deal, although i did miss him!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 8:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would keep the baby in the room as long as he/she isn't sleeping through the night and as long as he/she needs night feedings. All of this usually ends around 6 months. It just makes more sense because of the convenience. If you are worried about baby "watching" you, don't. Baby has no idea what is going on and will not remember it.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• UNTIL 3 YEARS IS OK
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You will know when the time is right.

We coslept; I would have lost my mind if I had had to get out of bed to breastfeed during the night

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• There is not a set time. You do what is comfortable for you.
    I kept my oldest son next to me until he was 6 months old. Then I put him in his own room that was right across the hall from our room, but I still kept both doors open.
    I kept my youngest son in our room until he was 10 months old. He room is across the house and has a tendency to get a bit cold in the winter.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Whenever you are comfortable with it. My babies slept in their own room from the first night on - having their own crib in their own room was very stable and consistent for them, and they slept through the night very early on.

Answer by missanc at 9:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• As long as it works for you
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2011