How did you tell dh/so you were pregnant?

The 1st time I showed dh the stick and took him by complete surprise. The 2nd and 3rd time he was with me when I took the tests.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first we were still in high school and I was babysitting his lil sister he was outwith his friends and called freaking saying comehome now....I was scaredto death but he waas so excited!!

Number 2 he was away on business and woulldnt be home for a while so I sent him a picture message of the test and say ME and sissyhave a surprise for you daddy!!

number 3 I made him a card that said on the front its all your fault!!! :) and on the insde it said Congrats babe your swimmers won the race. You can claim your prize in nine months!! :)
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband was working & he called me on his break & I told him I bought him something very nice that he is going to love but he'll see it when he gets home, so I went to the store & I bought a baby rattle & those car signs "BABY ON BOARD" I put it in a gift bag, when he got home I handed it to him & as he took the rattle & sign out he had a puzzled face but I was standing there with the pregnancy test in my hands smiling, he got soooo happy he picked me up swinged me around & kissed me, then kneeled down & started to kiss my belly lol.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I took a pregnancy test and when it was positive and I wasn't hallucinating, I leaned out of the bathroom and asked him if he would runto the store for me and get another test, cause I was certain I probably did something wrong. He was focused on something and said "ok honey, what else to u think we might need?" Then he looked up at me and his face was more white then Michael Jackson, and for the first time in oir relationship that he was completely speechless!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i was freaking out trying to get my bf a birthday present when my test came back positive i phone him and said you know how ive been stressing what to get you for your birthday well ive got the perfect thing, told him you know the other day when i bought a prego test well thats your present he was like what you mean, i said its positive he was over the moon came all the way back from work just to give me a cuddle lol
    rachenali

Answer by rachenali at 6:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Both times, he thought I was pregnant and went and bought a pregnancy test and made me take them. He waited outside of the bathroom for me while I was peeing and then after a few minutes, we went in together to look at the test.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Over the phone, told him I was, he freaked, and we argued lol, he thought I was joking!
    AshleyGrantham

Answer by AshleyGrantham at 6:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Kid #1--I woke him up and said "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" His response; "Cool. I'm going to take a shower."

Kid #2--He told me that he thought I was pregnant, just a feeling he had. When I confirmed his feeling with a test, his response was "Cool. I thought so."

Kid #3--Nether one of us thought there was any way I was pregnant, since we had been extremely careful because I was in a very intensive nursing school program. We both figured I was just late due to stress over finals, graduation and board exams. The day after I graduated from nursing school, I mentioned the lateness again, and he said "Well, why don't we just get a test and you can take it and see that you're not and that will make you feel better." I whizzed on the stick and left it i the bathroom and went to do the dishes. A few minutes later, I heard him yell "Are there supposed to be two lines on this thing?" Errrrrrr...Not unless it's positive!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I took a test and it was positive. I couldn't wait to tell him, but he was at work and wouldn't answer his phone, so I took a picture of it on my phone and sent him a picturemail. He called me within a few seconds of getting it and was super excited.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• With my first my dh was at work yet and I couldn't wait so I took the test and showed it to him when he came home. With my second I had told him earlier that day that I thought I was prego because it just didn't feel like my period was going to come, so when we got home I took the test and showed it to him. He was speechless both times.

Now with my third, I was a little stressed out for other reasons and wanted to relieve one of my stresses so I took a test. I brought it to him to show him and he yelled at me and said I thought we were going to wait to test. I told him it doesn't make a difference and I wanted to know. We were trying each time so why this one was so different is beyond me.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• After spending a day puking my brains out from a migraine I realized that I was 15 days late. We went to the st for saltines and a pregnan test. He knew when I came out of the bathroom sobbing and a positive test in my hand.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011