Can you be sexually abused VERBALLY, as opposed to physically? adult content

I ask this as I grew up revolted by 2 of my uncles and my own mother who were all that bit 'twisted' sexually and would talk about my body and look at my in creepy ways. It was often subtle, hard to define but left me feeling uncomfortable.

One uncle did directly sexually abuse me the once but I have no memory of the other or my mother doing so. Yet, I feel as if they did!

I just wondered what your thoughts might be, not necessarily on me but on verbal sexual 'abuse'.

Thank you to all who read and/or reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes its possible. You can even look at a person is a lustful way and it be considered sexual harassment.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am sorry this has happened. Yes that is abuse. It is not usually considered. It was wrong.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes it is possible and yes you were abused..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 6:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Im so sorry you had these experiences. Yes its abuse.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, it is abuse. I hope you have been to a counselor. If not, I would recommend it. You are the only one who can take care of yourself and you need to get better for your family. Good luck and I am so sorry this happened to you.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes it is a violation in the worst way. I know how you feel. My stepfather was only stupid enough to molest me once. (I had been molested by others and had no tolerance for it anymore) I was 12. It was a nightmare as I reported it but somehow the bastard never paid for it and I had to still live with him. He hated me and lusted for me everyday. He spend the next 4 years lusting after me to my disgust. It felt like he was still molesting me with his eyes and words. My mother HATED me for it. She even tried to smother me once. She called me a whore and slut even as I was a virgin. Yes you were violated and I am so sorry this happened to you!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would say if it caused you to feel violated in some manner it is a form of abuse
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• a total yes

seek someone to talk to, even after years and now an adult, this can haunt you
    mediatate and go into yourself to seek out the child that was hurt, find her, hold her close and keep her safe
    you as adult keep the child in you safe - sounds wierd but worked for me on childhood hurt
    forgot the book that i read this process in, but it helps heal hurts suffered as a child

hugs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• it's abuse- sexually, verbally, emotionally, and psychologically...a lot of people don't realize the multiple forms- and it's something that you do want to get help for, because it can come out later in relationships or situations if it's never dealt with (that's what happened to me) good luck and it's good that you're at least recognizing/discussing it now..
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011