How would you describe the "typical" CafeMom?

Such as age range, region, education, etc.

Asked by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think the "norm" is the SAHM in the US in the age range of 20-50. But i do agree with anonymous in that there are probably a few teens, women without kids and dads using the site.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• generalizing

younger than me, more money than me, more kids than me, married or in a relationship (i am not)
    concerned about helping others, sometimes bored and looking for a bit of fun or entertainment

some of the generalization i fit into, some i do not, most do not fit into all of the generalzation i stated
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't know if there is a "type". But I would have to say, from my observations, most of the moms are not like me at all. The majority of them are SAHM, with less than a college education who are conservative politically and socially. I also noticed there is an above average number of homeschoolers and fundamentalist Christians. I'm none of those things.

As far as age and region go, the majority I see are in their early to mid 20s and from the south.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2011