Why is it.....

that the people who say, "life is too short to hold grudges", are the last people to let go of their grudge, and the last people to actually do something to improve a situation? My head has told me that I have a toxic relationship with my mother and to end contact (7 months ago...), but when will my heart stop aching? And before someone suggests that I be the bigger person and break the ice, I've already done that before my DD was born...8 months after that, was told to "take your kid and get the f**k out of my house, and don't ever come back" 7 months ago. I know I just need to move on and get over it, but how do you cope when you are told stuff like that? Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I am personally one of those people that say life is to short to hold grudges, however, I don't mean run back and get stomped on, I don't hold grudges against anyone, but I don't associate with the ones that have hurt me either. You know if you need/want your mom in your life. Does she continually treat you like crap??? Are you willing to put that behind you? IMHO let her be the one to come back to you, she's the one that told you to get out. I also agree with parajumper find some other women who you can think of as your "other mother".

kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think that relationships with our mother are the most difficult to ever get over. We form that attachment at birth.. the one that tells us that this is my mother and she is superwoman. She can do no wrong... that's hard to ever get over. The only thing I can suggest is counseling. It's why counseling was invented, I swear! LOL! I am sorry you have to go through this, and I hope that at some point it gets easier for you. I don't think it's ever impossible to forget, however.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have personally found that other peoples moms are the best moms =)
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have found, for me, there are a few women at church, and at work, whom I relate well with. I think of them as my "other mothers" I can call them whenever I need to, and can ask them questions and they are honest with me and give great advice. Good luck!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• thats how some mothers are nightmares
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011