Would you rather go to a Crossfit workout or a Zumba workout?

ladymomtraveler

Asked by ladymomtraveler at 8:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• what is the difference, sorry not heard of either one x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Well, I've never been to Zumba, but it's supposed to be sort of like a dance aerobics. I have been to crossfit though. Crossfit is group gym exercises on crack. Exercises include pull ups, push ups, sit ups, exercises such as burpees, dumbell exercises, sprinting, treadmill, seated row all for time... I have several friends in both classes, and I've noticed both classes growing rapidly in my area. I'm curious about Zumba, but it's at the same time at the Crossfit class, so I want to know if anyone has been to both.
    ladymomtraveler

Comment by ladymomtraveler (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Crossfit and Zumba are two totally different workouts. Zumba is mostly cardio and is typically done in a gym in a aerobics class type setting. Crossfitters are a lot more hardcore. I have a friend who is a certified trainer and works for Crossfit and she is seriously strong and fit. They lift weights, many body weight related exercises etc. I think thats like asking if you prefer water or sleeping - you may like both or not but for totally different reasons! :)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I ordered a zumba DVD but have never heard of Crossfit. I wonder if I should try and train for either in order to get certified. Maybe I can be the pioneer for either of them in my country (Nigeria). Are they available in Canada or USA or UK?
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 7:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011