Any advice?

I am potty training my 2 year old and he seems to be doing just fine urinating in his potty..but keeps having bowel movements on himself..any suggestions as how I can help him make it in time? LOL

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he wearing pull ups or underwear??? Cus when I was potting training my son he went thru the same prob.. It wasnt until I took him off the pull ups that he started to go in the potty.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 8:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was having the same problem with my 3 yrs old son,but I think you jst have to wait for when he feels comfortable to go in the potty....
    mymartinez

Answer by mymartinez at 8:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It just takes time. My 2 year old learned potty first as well and pooped her pants for a few weeks. I would suggest watching them closely, having patience, and never punishing him when he has an accident. He will get it, it just takes time.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yes time and it will happen and good luck momma!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Was in the same boat with my son. Once we sensed that he was truly physically ready and perhaps just a little lazy we used some positive encouragement by telling him how much better he would feel if the poop was in the potty and not in his pants and closed it off with some bribery to entice him and seal the deal but it wasn't until he was ready, knew it was coming and started getting disgusted by his own poops did we get through this one.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011