Is brown spotting at 5 weeks normal?

I'm having brown spotting with no cramps. This is my second pregnancy, the first ended in a miscarriage. I'm really nervous.

babyflory10611

Asked by babyflory10611 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well I heard that spotting in early pregnancy can be normal especially if there is no bad cramping, but if I were you I would call your OB asap because the same thing happened to me in my last pregnancy & it ended in miscarriage, so just contact your OB to be on the safe side, but Im sure it's just early pregnancy spotting. Good luck & hope everythIng turns out great, I KNOW IT WILL!!! smile mini

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If it is brown spotting that is old blood it could be coming from any where, but if i were you i would be calling my OB just to be safe and have him check every thing out.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I spotted brown blood week 5-6 weeks and am now 8 1/2 weeks and still do once in a while. At times it was heavy. I went to the Dr. and they gave me an u/s and the baby was fine with a good heartbeat. The Dr. told me it could be from the placenta attaching. He also said not to have sex and irritate my cervix because they could make me bleed. He said as long as it wasn't bright red blood and cramping, not to worry! So don't worry, but I would mention it to the Dr.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 7:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011