Tax question- for those that get theirs direct deposit

I filed my taxes January 21st and was wandering when I should expect the federal to go in my bank? I heard they always do deposits on Fridays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• you can go to irs.gov and type in your information (click on where's my refund). Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Depending where you filed them it normally takes 8-14 days. They usually give an estimated return date as well.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It is usually on Friday http://www.efile.com/tax-refund/where-is-my-refund/ check here this is a schedule the IRS gives refunds based on the date filed

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If you e-file and there is nothing wrong they should come back in two weeks and the direct deposit only on fridays. its better to call for refund status they give an exact date.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It is usually quicker to get the refund with direct deposit. I would say from what I remember it takes around 3 weeks (assuming you filed electronically) but could be a little longer.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You should get it Feb 4th. Here is the calendar.

http://www.taxact.com/products/all_efcycle.asp

Mine comes in tomorrow also but remember your bank can also hold it until Monday in some cases, depending on who you bank with.

Answer by gemgem at 8:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's usually pretty quick. I always check mine on www.irs.gov and click on 'Where's My Refund'. Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'm getting mine as a direct deposit Thursday night/Friday morning. Same as every year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's typically on Friday. FYI though, a friend of mine works for the IRS and told me they don't actually start processing anything until February 1st. That might well play a part in when you get your refund since you filed in January.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• they dont do deposit only on fridays..lol..my mil got hers in her bank account thursday and my sister in law got hers friday..we are still waiting for ours..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011