How can I lose the last of my pregnancy weight?

My son was born September 2009 and I instantly started eating healthier and a more normal amount than when I was pregnant. I also started exercising like crazy once I was given the okay and I got to within 20 lbs of my prepregnancy weight. I had gained like 60 lbs with this pregnancy. I sort of hit a rut I guess because a year ago I was within the 20lb range and here I am today still in this 20lb range. I have tried everything except over the counter diet pills (which the sound of scares me) and I also have not yet tried talking to my doctor and possibly getting on a prescription and a whole plan. I have tried changing up my workouts, changing eating, having a diet buddy.... everything! I came to a point where I started getting migraines almost a year ago and with the mirgraines came loss of energy and sleep. Basically all hell broke lose and I stopped exercising several months ago because of my migraines which drs were trying every kind of pill you could imagine for and the only drug that worked, topamax, gave me glaucoma. I am kind of wondering, and did some online research, that some people get migraines because of excess weight. I cant lose the weight if I have the headaches and possibly have the headaches because of the weight. I am wondering if anyone out there has tried any prescription weight loss medications and which ones worked and didnt work. I am going to see my doctor but not for another month and a half so I wanted to gather some thoughts and opinions on different weight loss meds that have or have not worked. Also, another reason why I believe the migraines are caused by the excess weight is because when I was 10 I had some health issues and drs could not find what it was so I was hospitalized and was on steroids and bed rest and at 10 years old I gained so much weight (I was 120lbs) that I began having migraines and didnt get rid of them until I was back to a normal healthy weight after all the health issues were resolved.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 8:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• i definately wouldnt use the diet pills... that stuff is not good for you.. and it sounds like all the stress from your medical issues and even the prescription pills might attribute to you not losing the last of the weight... just keep eating right and exercising and it will come off ... also if you havent tried weight watchers really worked for me
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2011