do you think that working mom is only part time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Of course not!

If anything they have it just as bad if not worse than a SAHM, they have to work all day then come home and cook and clean and take care of their kids.

There is NO such thing as a part-time mom.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Nope, when I was a working mom I was able to focus more on quality time. Now being a SAHM I spend all day cleaning and cooking. I find it more difficult now to do quality.
    Anonymous

• Noooo. I work so I can provide for my family. So every minute I am out busting my hump, I'm doing it as a mother and wife. Then when I get home, I cook, clean, play, help with homework, bathe, say prayers, stay up half the night doing chores. So I believe I do as much mothering as any stay-at-home mom.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• didnt u ask this question already, and it got deleted?
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 11:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I'm a fulltime mom i'm with my son 24 hours a day 7 days a week! I dont believe in daycares or nannies I brought him into this world to raise him myself and i'm thankful to my hubby that he provides for us so I can nurture my child and be a real fulltime mom to him=]
    Anonymous

• So because I work outside the home, I don't nurture as well as you do? Is that the point of this question. My child runs screaming to me the second I open the front door. She KNOWS beyond a shadow of doubt that I WILL be there for anything she needs me for. I wish our economy were good enough in our area that I could sit around and eat bonbons while my husband works to provide for us, but it's not. It takes 2 incomes to do it around here. I guarantee you one thing, I may not be home with her, but she appreciates me every second I am with her.
    Anonymous

• Alright, whoever Anonymous at 11:45 is, SAHMs do NOT sit around and eat bonbons while our hubbies are at work. I bust my @$$ in this house--- keeping up with my super-active 10 month old and taking a full course-load of college courses online through our local university. In order for me to stay home with my son, I had to sell my car so that we could be "ok" financially. I've had to cut a lot of corners, but we're making it work. Ugh. Whoever you are, thank you for raising my blood pressure tonight!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hey anon at 10:45 Just because we're a SAHM that doesnt mean we're eatting bonbons all day, are u trying to be stupid? being a sahm is the hardest job in the world because you're with your child all day trying to raise them well, feedinmg them, cleaning them, potty training them, changing there diapers, etc plus doing all the cleaning in the house and the cleaning never ends, and cooking for our hubbys when they come home for lunch and dinner and breakfast beofre they go to work etc, so u cant say just because we're at home we dont have it hard because we have it harder than u at work all day! when i use to work before i had my child it was so easy i worked in alot of places and they were all easy i can tell u from my experience being a fulltime mom is the hardest job of all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• heather. huckaby, that's exactly the way I felt when I read the post from the anon poster who is a stay at home!!!! I KNOW very well that a stay at home mom doesn't sit around eating bonbons, but by saying that she nurtres her child because she doesn't send him to any kind of childcare, really threw it in working mothers faces that she is better at being a mother in her opinion. I bust my ass from sun up to way beyond anyone elses bedtime and I do it so I can make sure my kid has what she needs.... That is probably why the one person said that this question had been deleted once. People decide to be confrontational and much too opinionated and make someone else feel like shit for doing it differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I think that saying that working moms are only part time moms is quite a charged statement. I personally do not agree with the use of daycares and nannies, but that is my personal opinion.I do question the intentions of a mother, though, who works full time even though their family would be just fine with one income, but that is their business.
    Cassandra_Lyn

Answer by Cassandra_Lyn at 10:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2008