Do I always treat my body like I'm pregnent When I'm trying to conceive, like not having a drink ect., or do I just wait until the test is postive. I just want to make sure we are doing this the right way??

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just do what you normally do. Unless you are drinking a lot or taking drugs. A glass of wine a day is actually good for you and the baby. Before and after and during pregnancy. It's good for many things like your heart. Don't stress out or think about getting pregnant. Most of all, just relax and pray for God's will in your life. He knows your heart and your desire to be a mother. It will all happen in his time. Count on it.
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 10:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would suggest leaning more to staying total healthy and fit, staying away from alcohol, drugs and anything that may harm a developing baby, fetal alcohol syndrome, is not determine when it actually takes place so its always better to be safe then sorry, I would suggest taking your prenatal vitamins now, getting your body prepared by building up your folic acid which helps protects your baby from things such a spinal bifida and other birth defects, it never to early to start getting your body ready for a pregnancy, A baby takes allot from his or her mother`s body, especially calcium , so enjoy getting your body prepared I did with all 4 of my own children, God bless
    octavia137

Answer by octavia137 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have to disagree with the sentiment that a glass of wine a day is good for you and the baby. I have a cousin who lives with me who was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. No one knows for certain just how much (or how little!) alcohol it takes to mess with the developing brain. I wouldn't chance it.
    I say treat yourself as though you're already pregnant. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, exercise on a regular basis (including your kegels!!) and learn how to relax. Don't be so focused on trying to get pregnant that you forget to have fun with your partner--both in bed, and out!
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 11:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It is actully proven that when you do things like takeing prenatals BEFORE you are pregnant...it help you actually get preganant. Plus, if you have slowly been trasitioning into things like not drinking etc., the change won't be so drastic when you are. If you know that you are trying, why not take every precaution and do everything you can to make sure you have a healthy baby. It will benefit not only your baby, but you as well. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2008