How early of an age did you vacation with your child?

I am thinking of taking my son on a vacation this summer to the ocean but wanted to know how old other children were when they went on vacations? I also wanted to know how it worked out, or if it worked out.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 9:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Travel

• We never cancelled vacations due to the age of the kids. I had my oldest son at Disneyland when he was 4 mths old. It was always fine when we went anywhere. You just have to plan for everything they will need while you are out of town and out doing what you will be doing.

Answer by gemgem at 9:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• our first family vacation was to disney, they were 4,3, and 8weeks. it worked out fine with no issues.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We took our ds to the ocean when he was 6 months old. Just make sure you pack the tent for shade on the beach. It worked very well, just remember to focus on him and not have any preconcieved notions of doing things the same as you used to.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• The youngest I took any of mine was 3 weeks - we went to the beach like we do every year, so none of mine have been over a year old. Obviously she slept most of the time!

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• we never planned vacations around the age of our children we just went the same as normal and planned for everything the baby needed
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• we havent been on a family vacation yet but this year we plan to and my baby will just be turnung a yr old in may. although we did go to the beach when he was 4 or 5 months old. my aund had bought him a lil baby tent for sunny days or evenings with mosquitos it was a great thing to have. she got it off ebay i think. oh and we brought him to a MLB game when he was 3 months old went great! we just brought sun block but we were lucky and had seats in the shade. i really just dont think age is a big issue

good luck!
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Our first real vacation my son was a year old and my daugher was four months.
    We went on little camping trips here and there when my son was just mere months old though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We traveled to visit family at 4 months. Visited more family at 5 months. Visited more family at 6 months. We took a weekend trip to the beach at 9 months. Did a family meetup vacation at 12 months. The first trip at 4 months, she got a little overstimulated with all the craziness of the holidays, but overall she did fairly well. She caught a cold on the 5 month trip so she was pretty fussy. Once we bought some saline nose drops and a nose sucker, she was much happier. She did really well on all the other trips. She's a good little traveler.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We travel to at least 3 different countries every year with our 3 children.  We have been doing this since the middle one was 3 months and the oldest was 1 1/2 at the time.  That was probably the worst flight I ever had with an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam.  After that awful trip they get better and better.  Which is why we still travel with them.  They get used to it and enjoy it.  It's best to start while they are young and if you only have 1, it will be a piece of cake.  Good Luck

Patient.Mama

Answer by Patient.Mama at 7:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Drove 18 hours to visit family when my baby was 8 weeks.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011