Does your 2nd grader do this?

My daughter is terribly moody and HATES to do anything we ask her lately. She used to be so sweet- what happened???

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes it's "just the age."
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Mine is getting moody too. She is 6 and when she does her homework wrong and needs to be corrected, she cries and says its boring and she 'hates' it. She 'hates' lots of things and I just explain that is a very strong word to use. I don' t know where she gets it from, we don't really use that word in our home.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• She is the same way! I don't know, maybe it's just her age? I honestly don't remember being that way at her age. Mine was much later, I think. I honestly feel almost like I've failed her as a mother! That's how bad it's gotten lately!
    lovingmy4babies

Comment by lovingmy4babies (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Mine is doing that a bit, but it's pretty mild so I try to be forgiving and patient. Girls are getting that way earlier because of all the hormones in food and genetically modified foods, and environmental factors. It makes me really sad. I didn't get moody until I was about 10, and my period came much later at 17. But all my sisters and cousins got their periods around age 11. I'm just hoping my daughter "waits" at least that long...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Not realy, only if she is over tired.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Not really. It's my 9yo 3rd grader who is like that. Sure, the 7.5yo 2nd grader has her moods & moments, but she's probably the easiest going of all my kids.
    Anonymous

• yes. My 7 year old boy is so negative lately. Argues---whines---UGH! Any good ideas out there?
    susystudio

Answer by susystudio at 4:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011