i need to legally change my first name. something that would become Ali for short

basically my mother has destroyed my life, i won't go into detail of what she has done to me but it's huge. i need to start fresh with a new name. my name is Alicia but none of my friends call me that. i've always been Ali. i don't want to change it to just Ali though. also my name will be completely changed. first, middle, and last so will they change the name on my daughter's birth certificate? it has my birth name on it under mother, will they change it to my new name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• You could change it to Alison...?
    As for the rest of your questions, you need to contact an attorney as laws and procedures for name changes vary from state to state.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I always thought Alessandra was pretty. Sorry. I don't know about your other questions.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ask the court house.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 9:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'd contact a lawyer...I believe you can do a name change for your daughter, too.....Oh, how about Allison?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I do believe that it will change on your DD birth certificate, when my sons last name changed and my DH adopted him we had to get a new birth certificate.

As far as a name for you I would pick something you like..go on a website with baby names and see if you like one.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Alissa, Allison, Alice, Alix
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i don't want to change her name. she has her fathers name. i want to change my name under her mother
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Alia?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am sure you can get it changed on the birth certificate if yours is legally changed. I like Alexis or Alena or you could just go with Ali. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• thats a hard one i think you need to ask a lawyer in your state, county these ?'s, most do consults for free....and my daughters middle name is allison its cute.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2011