What is something that works for you in order to lose weight/get fit?

I have read that keeping a journal of what you eat really helps. Also, I feel thinner when I drink a lot of hot tea. Raisin Bran makes my tummy flatter. Walking everyday seems to help with everything from stress, and eating, to fitness and tone. Share your tips.

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 9:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Being a vegetarian helps with the loosing weight, when I cut down on sweets or carbs my body responds right away. Weight lifting everyday has toned my body more than anything I have ever done.

Answer by older at 10:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I just make sure i'm eating a healthy combination of proteins, carbs, veggies, dairy and exercise everyday.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Eating Healthy, Pilates, Yoga, and Cardio are my tricks. I don't deprive myself of any sweets, carbs, or sugars. I just eat the less healthy foods in moderation. I make sure to drink lots of water instead of sweet drinks and I definately make sure to get out and take lots of walks during the summer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have been exercising for almost 5 weeks using my new wii (so excited about it). I have lost 5 lbs and I am eating healthier and I am feeling great. I have found that the more cardio I get the more I lose. I also throw in a few toning exercises as well as some yoga. I am feeling great and I hope that you can find a routine that works for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I go through cycles where I won't eat hardly anything, and then I'll go through a munchie phase....so it kinda balances me out.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I take Juice Plus every day
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I buy unprocessed foods and lots of fresh produce, and cook everything from scratch. I love to cook and like to know what's going into my food.

I drink almost 1 liter of hot tea, plus another liter of water.

I avoid drinks that are packed with calories (starbucks coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, juice...)

I never eat standing up. I sit down and enjoy my meals with a book and take my time.

I'm pretty active. I alternate one day of running (3-5 miles) with one day of incline work (walking up and down hills). I do yoga from time to time.

I wear clothes that show off the shape of my body and encourage me to keep up the good work.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Drinking only water (instead of pop, juice, tea), and jogging. I've also started eating oatmeal for breakfast which seems to be helping.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• if i tell people that im buckling down and losing weight im more motivated to do it
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 9:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am eating clean (I have the basics in my CM journal if you're curious), and I'm running. I'm training for a half marathon, so having a specific goal with a time limit helps. We all go through slumps and times where we lose out motivation, but don't lose sight of your goals, and what you've already accomplished. Don't let one slip up totally derail you. Just get back on the horse and learn from your mistakes. Make your goals public, and post your progress on Facebook! Your friends will help keep you motivated by congratulating you on your progress. Write out your reasons for wanting to lose weight/get earthy, and keep them somewhere you can seethem every day. When you need some motivation, go read it again! Cut out motivating (positive) images and put them up. Know you DESERVE to be healthy and happy!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011