Would you have more kids?

I have a 3yr old and an 18 months old, both are girls. My husband REALLY wants to try for a boy (I think they all do). When I am pregnant I am REALLY REALLY sick. I'm talking like near bedridden for months. Doctors advised me to either wait or to be done. My pregnancies were completely healthy and normal but I could barely function. I did take meds for the nausea but they barely touched it, and I dropped about 20 pounds in the begining both times. What would you do?

sweetiepie8540

Asked by sweetiepie8540 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait until the younger child is three, then consider what to do.

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I had hyperemesis with my second pregnancy and was in the hospital several times. I waited 4 years before getting pregnant again because I just couldn't wrap my mind around doing that to myself again. Fortunately, the third pregnancy was not so hard on me. It was still worse than the first, with the nausea and vomiting, but no hyperemesis.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i think i would wait till the younger child is a little older (3 or 4) then decide if its worth the risk.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would wait. I wouldn't want to have such a difficult pregnancy while taking care of two very young kids.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have my 2, girl, 14 years, boy, 12 years. I love them both. I always wanted 4, 2 each but I didn't get married until 36 and had my 1st at 38. I have since had a hysterectomy, so the baby making factory is gone. With everything being very expensive I'm glad to have my 2 kids. I wouldn't change a thing.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have 5 and got really sick with them all. The first 2 were almost 3 yrs apart so it wasnt too bad, the 2nd and 3rd only 15 mths and it was really hard to handle. I waited with until the 3rd was 5 before I got pregnant again, and did the same thing between 4 and 5. I really loved the 5 yr difference. I was sick, yes, but they were in pre-k and I could rest. I was also able to handle a new baby bc they had started school. I would wait 5 yrs if it were me. Its really the ideal age difference imo as someone who also gets sick when pregnant and loves having time for both a new born and the older kids too.

Answer by gemgem at 10:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Well hun, tha'ts your choice. But for me, NO, I wouldn't do it again. My pregnancies weren't as bad as yours but enough that I knew I never EVER wanted to be pregnant again lol. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• In your situation if it were me here is what I would do, I would tell hubs that right now I have my hands full with the 2 kids and at this time I want to wait and see. Then in 3 yrs (or so) sit him down and discuss the idea of another baby and see if we are both in agreement to have 1 more, or if we feel we are done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would wait a little while your girls are young. I know for me I am not going to have more children unless we adopt, which at this point is probably not going to happen. I have 3 children and they are all close in age. Since you are very sick when you are pregnant it might be easy to handle your other 2 children when they are older.

I guess bottom line if you have to do what you think it best and what works for you and your family. I would talk with DH and see what his thoughts are.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would wait until the youngest is a little older. Maybe one or two years.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2011