Do you cook potatoes in the microwave?

My friend always puts her baked potatoes in the microwave instead of the oven. Kind of tastes gross.

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 10:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• nah, i rarely make baked potatoes but when i do i make them in the oven. hence "baked" potatoes :) lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yup - Tastes like a baked potato to me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Always make "baked" potatoes int he microwave. No way am I cooking a potato for an hour.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• for baked potatoes i've always microwaved them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I tried it in the oven....took over an HOUR. No way am I waiting that long, or wasting that much energy to make a dang potato. I do mine in the microwave and they taste just great :o) I've never known anyone who bakes their potatoes in the oven though. They always do it in the microwave or on the grill.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I wrap them in saran wrap and poke a few holes. They cook quicker and don't taste gross in my opinion.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You can..they aren't gross so much..just different. If anyone expects a nuked potato to rival a rasted/baked potato wow won't they be disappointed. I have a 'potato pocket' that is made specifically for microwaving potatoes. It keeps them moist and they come out fluffy not dry and hard.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• The only use my microwave gets is as an extra cabinet. It's pretty much my breadbox.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i micro and i do it only because its fast and mine always seem to comeout pretty good. not as good as when they are in the oven but they arent hard or dry. i poke holes in them and wrap them up in a moist papertowel to keep them moist.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yep, the only time I roast them is when I want to season the skin, so it can be ate too. I have found how to use the microwave for just about everything. I prefer the oven, but I can bake a cake in the microwave and have it taste just like it came from the oven. The only difference between the two is one is quick and one is slow.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011