Privacy Setting in Groups

As an Admin, how do I adjust a privacy setting on a group to not allow non-members to view posts.  At this time anyone can view our posts but only members can respond.

I would like only memebers to see into our group.

SupriseImPregy

Asked by SupriseImPregy at 10:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Use the Admin tools in red, on the left side of the screen of your group homepage. Click privacy settings and it will give you the privacy setting options for each of your forums. Go through and check "Group members only" for every forum.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hmmmm... Privacy Settings is not listed there. Maybe since I am not the group Owner but an Admin only I can not do this?

I will get in touch with the Owner. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.

Thanks!
    SupriseImPregy

Comment by SupriseImPregy (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Click down 3/4 of the way down and it will show you how to do it. 

"When you have confirmed your group url click next and you will be taken to the privacy page."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Actually, you can to click on Manage Forums and then edit each forum. It and privacy settings are under the General Peferences in the red links. If you can't see it there, it might be because the group owner has not given you access to them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Check with the owner, that is her decision to make, unless she has made it available for administrators to change what she has set.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yeah, what they said! Message the owner if she hasn't given you access to the privacy settings and ask her to set them all to private. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• only owners and head admins can update privacy in groups.

Group management improvements available now!

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011