Serious Mirena Question

I just felt for my string and I can only feel a tiny bit (like - this much) has anyone ever had their string break off or curl back up inside their cervix? I'm worried about getting it taken out when I don't want it anymore.

yezay

Asked by yezay at 10:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• No body?
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Don't use Mirena but had trouble finding my Nuva Ring once and so I know the worry. Its probably not a big deal because someone who can see and has the right tools can probably get it out. Just by reading the warnings on the commercials you hear of those rare instances where they get jostled around and break through to other places and so on and cause trouble. I would give it a day or two to try to self adjust and then have it checked out to be on the safe side.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• the strings are actually supposed to kinda curl up and around the edges of the cervix, otherwise it can irritate your partner during sex, sometimes it doesn't do this, but my doc told me that is what it should do, so that is probably what's going on.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• also your cervix changes positions, and I know for me sometimes I can feel a lot of the string, but sometimes barely any of it. No worries.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have never even heard of it. Sorry I am no help.
    jenelle79

Answer by jenelle79 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's on tv all the time it's the iuc. Similar to the copper IUD.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011