What's the most ignorant thing anyone ever said to you while you were pregnant?

I was about 7 weeks pregnant, and I looked like I had just eaten a big meal. Noone could tell I was prego yet, of course, but I could tell that my pants fit a little different. I had actually lost weight (extreme morning sickness), but my belly always looked "full". I was talking to a friend of mine in David's Bridal while she was wedding dress shopping, and I was telling her that I had a pooch already! The MANAGER at the store said "Oh, that's not good. You're not supposed to start gaining weight until your FOURTH TRIMESTER!" I know I had to look at her like she was the dumbest person alive, as I replied "Well, considering there are only THREE TRImesters, I don't see how that's possible." She looked so confused... What an idiot.

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 11:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When I was pg with my first son, dh was overseas and not going to be home before the baby was born. I worked at a pharmacy and we live in a fairly small town, so a lot of people who came knew my situation. I had one lady ask me when dh was supposed to be home, which was about a month after my due date. I told her so and she said "well, are you going to try to wait to have the baby till he gets home?" ??? I had no idea what to say to her after that!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Well, it wasn't while I was pregnant, of course, but it's along the same lines. When I was 12 years old, I had a woman walk up to me and tell me I had "child-birthin hips".... I remember being completely freaked out. Turns out she was right, labor and actual birth was pretty easy for me. But still.... What 12 year old is thinking about whether she can birth a child well or not!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• LOL...when I was about 32 weeks pregnant my husband and I were out on a date...I got up to use the restroom for the third time...and when I came back my husband said the older lady I had passed on my way to the bathroom said "I sure hope she's pregnant". I get HUGE when I'm pregnant, but the rest of me is not huge, that seemed pretty ignorant to me.
    SuzL1026

Answer by SuzL1026 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I lost 25 lb the last time I was prego (extreme morining sickness 2) and I just got asked alot. You shouldnt be loosing so much weight, the baby isnt going to be healthy etc. I had to explain everytime that the baby was actually big for gestational age blah. It got old. I know there is more but thats what I can remember right now.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• When i was pregnant(with twins). I was at a restaurant alone and ordered tons of food. I'm skinny and had not started to show yet. As I'm eating my food a man walks up to me and says are you starving or pregnant? And i said BOTH!!! lol
    Anonymous