what in the world we teach our kids to yell for help (facebook video)

and noone would step up for almost a hour in this test!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=181697195191001&comments

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Teaching kids to yell for help is a good thing BUT these days, kid's also need to know at least basic self-defense. These days, with most families being two-income (both parents working), even in a neighborhood there may not be anyone around to hear those calls for help.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Parents need to know what kids are doing on line.i see way to much naked profile photos of young teen girls on there and that needs to be stop
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Because it sounded set up. The child that was supposedly being abducted didn't sound genuine, sounded like they were "acting". Which they were.

This WASN'T a real life situation and most moms know when a child is in REAL distress.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• so school age kids walking home alone , your gonna know at your home that someone is trying to take them? i know not everyone lets their kids walk home alone i know i certainly would not. when they asked people why they did not help they thought it was a child misbehaving. The thing is her age it was hard to understand some of what she was saying. I was almost taken at 10 years old , i would not go near the car, told the guy NO , he kept trying then told me the little girl in the car parents did not know him. I never seen him in our town before. I forgot safety rules and it could of cost me that day. i went to a nearby business and got help. I still do not know if they found the guy and girl it still bothers me to this day. and back then you did not hear of the things we hear of today.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011