What are some of your experiences with starting to cycle after childbirth?

I am trying to get some other people's experiences with post-childbirth cycles. I had my son in September of '07. I stopped breastfeeding completely at the end of September of '08 (a month prior to that it was only about once a day). I have had no sign of a period. Im feeling discouraged because every last one of my sisters in law (5 of them) have gotten pregnant again, two of them without trying. Lol! Just curious. :)

JMommabear

Asked by JMommabear at 11:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I got my period exactly 4 weeks after giving birth. lol. It was light and barely there. The second month after giving birth, my period was extremely heavy and I had very painful cramps...TMI I know, lol. I've had a regular cycle since giving birth, more so than before having a child. Before the baby, it was very erratic. Don't know what to tell ya hun, sorry.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I'm the same as the poster above, I breastfed and got my period a month after stopping. My first cycle was spotty and very light I just got my second period and so far its HELL very heavy, and crampy, ick
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2008