What year in school did you have a favorite teacher.? What made him/her special?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in

• 10th grade, in Honors English. My teacher was awesome and down to earth. He had come to us from teaching at a juvenile detention center, and made everything really interesting. He allowed us to have lunch in his room when it was hot. He gave us awesome stuff to read. He complimented us when we looked nice, and wouldnt hold back when we looked dumb. He was very real.

Answer by gemgem at 11:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• all through High school she was an English teacher and I took all her classes...my fav this is she made us journal whatever we wanted and she would read and make comments... she helped me a ton with just life stuff! she never told secrets but was good at making wanted suggestions. she was deaf and read lips she could hear a bit but never could hear me so we did a lot of writting notes to her! We learned so much! I wanted to go into journalisn because of her but went another way when I got to school. She is retired many years now and writes for the local paper...I m still in contact with her after almost 20 yrs!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• 3rd grade. He was just awesome. Aside from the fact that he let us get away with murder (I was sort of a pet though because I had an uncle and worked in the district and they were friends) he was just a cool teacher. He wasn't stressed out and angry like all the other teachers I'd had in that school and never yelled. Ok I think he yelled once. But he was a cool guy. I remember he was balding and used to let us rub his head for good luck before a test haha. Imagine if a 3rd grade teacher did that nowadays!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'd have to say 5th grade. Mr. Hayman, he was young, 22 years old, right out of college. It didn't hurt that he looked like Bobby Sherman, even all of the mom's had a crush on him & would dress up to go to teacher's conferences. (I know most of you are too young to know who Bobby Sherman is.)

But, he was also a creative hands on teacher. He did lecture, and give hand outs, but he also did projects that required us to think, make our own decisions & DO things. When we did our poetry class, he took us outside to be inspired, and would change the location each day. We did a social studies segment called "small town" where we ran a small town in class. We had to choose to go to college, and have student loans, run a business, work for someone else. We got bills, and sometimes had to go to court. In real life I've often thought back to that game. He was also very strict, and expected our best.

I did have a lot of great teachers.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• 3rd grade. She opened up new worlds to me and introduced me to things that I came across again and again throughout school - Shakespeare, greek and roman mythology, Jules Verne, etc. And really turned me on to reading! In addition to the typical school subjects, she taught us the native wildflowers, how to make good homemade biscuits, milk a cow, churn butter, wring a chicken's neck and pluck it, all about gardening, and so many other things! She took all the families to a camp in the mountains in the spring - I actually went for 4 years because she was my sister's teacher one year, my reading teacher the next (I was a year ahead in reading), my teacher in 3rd grade and then the last year simply because she loved us! I have a book she inscribed for me when my Daddy died (I was in 2nd grade) - it was the "Secret Garden" and has a super sweet note on the inside front cover.

Answer by missanc at 12:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• 3rd grade - mrs watts - because she was always positive and told us how she loved us and et...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• 6th - before that was a middle school grade. My teacher was awesome because he made learning fun.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• In second grade I came from a bilingual school to Puerto Rico and teachers like my homeworks and participations
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

Next question in
What is an ece student?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
How should I potty train?