Have you ever been in a car accident? What happened?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A woman ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me. This just as the highway I was coming into town on was ending and the speed limit was lowered. I had already slowed down to the limit in town but I was so close when she pulled out that when I swerved I lost controll of my car. I spun across two empty (thank goodness) lanes before I went up on an incline in front of a business. If that had not been there I would have rolled my car. The good thing was she stopped and asked me if I was okay and even turned it over to her insurance. They tried to give me the run around but it was hard once she admitted she was at fault. The money I got helped me fix my car and finished paying if off.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've been in four. One when I was 10. A drunk driver hit us dead on on a dark mountain road. Our angels were with us.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was 17 when I was driving and hit a weird (practically invisible) bump in the road. It was at the top of this quick little curve-by curve hill. I was going the speed limit, but the car flipped three times because of the angle combined with the speed. I ended up in a coma for 3 days and then was in a wheelchair for almost a year. I was wearing my seatbelt, but a combination of things happened which resulted in some nerves being crushed in my cervical spine.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yes, it was very minor though.

i was 17, still using my learners permit and driving to school. i was at a 4 way stop, it was raining, and my turn to go so i eased on the gas and the other guy who was suppose to wait, didnt and we gently crashed into eachother. it was like a 2mph accident but it still freaked me out. lol!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• an illegal "alien" rear ended me, and he had no insurance (obviously) so i was out a $500 deductable bc my insurance had to pay to get my car fixed
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes! I was 8 months pregnant with ds. A 14 yr old boy decided to go for a joy ride while his parents were inside wal-mart. He was in front of me and was pulling into a parking space that he passed and was backing up to be able to pull in. He had plenty of room but began backing up without looking in the rear view mirror. When he did glance in the mirror, he saw my car and panic hit. He slammed his foot on the gas instead of the break and smashed into my car.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• When I was 18 I was rear ended. It totalled my car. The guy hit the car behind me going 60 mph, didnt see the light was red, and that guy hit my car. Bent the frame. I had JUST had my oldest dd, maybe a week before. It sucked.

Answer by gemgem at 11:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It was only a minor fender bender, but it could've been a lot worse. I was 18 and driving on a 4 lane road with traffic lights. I was in the left lane going about 35mph and slowing down for a red light up ahead (about 500 yards). There was only 1 car in my lane stopped at the light, but there was a long line of cars in the right hand lane (I'm guessing because a lot of people wanted to turn right). The light turns green and all of a sudden a car from the right lane cuts into my lane and hits me on the side. I freaked out and turned the wheel to the left (into oncoming traffic) but luckily there were no cars there yet (because the light just turned green). Since the cars just started moving they all went around me and finally the traffic in the right lane cleared so we could move off of the road. It turned out the driver of the car that hit me was a new driver and admitted she didn't even look before turning into my lane
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was 6 months pregnant and was in a hit&run in the mall parking lot. I was in another hit&run ten yrs later. The guy tried to deny it, but his license plate was imprinted in my bumper! That's how the cops found him!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 1:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My friend Rebecca pulled out onto a divided highway after blowing thru a stop sign...and stopped in the middle of oncoming traffic! She sat there even as I screamed for her to GO! A car hit us going 45. The hood and engine folded up like an accordian. I messed up my neck and upper back. She didn't get a scratch on her. I now have issues with arthritis and limited movement. Even after 16 years,I still have pain. Stupid doc said I'd be fine in 2 weeks so the insurance company gave me $1500. What a crock!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2011