Today is...

the 17 year anniversary of my dads passing....share a memory of your dad with me!

My dad was a great guy but he was tough! he loved going out on the boat~ spending time at the lake, sledding , monopoly wasnt til the last year of his life we go close though....he had a 1800 number to his office so I called ofen from school (( had just turned 20 2 days before he passed)

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sorry for the loss. Sounds like you have some wonderful memories.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• im so sorry for your loss. *HUGS* i hope today is easy on you.

as for one of my fave memories with dad.. when i was a little girl we lived out in the country, and he would take me on the riding lawn mower with him while he mowed our acre or so of land. good times :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Very sorry for your loss. Although you only had 20 years with him, I am envious of what you had.

My dad.......well, he is a complete jerk. He is racist, egotistical, hard-headed, hot-headed, and will do anything and everything to get his way not caring who he hurts or burns along the way. Let's just put it this way.......there is a reason why his name is DICK!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Me and my dad used to toss a nerf football out in our culdesac. We used to fly kites and he taught me how to ride my bike. We are trying to patch up our relationship now, though. It's a slow process, but we love eachother, and we both admit mistakes....but the love is the glue holding us together.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• when i was going through the most rebellious years of my life, i pretty much cut my parents out & wouldn't listen. My dad never gave up. he would write me a letter every week and put it on my bed. i still have them!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 1:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• One of my favorite memories with my dad is when I was a young girl, maybe 5 or so. He worked all week out of town, so when he was home I would stick to his side. He loves to watch football, so then I would sit on the back of the couch with my legs on his shoulders and my bowl of snacks on his head lol. My mom has a picture of us like that. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011