Help! First time birth control taker! need advice fast!

hi people. it's my first time on the pill. i'm taking cerazette, because i breastfeed. anyway, i started taking it 4 days after my period ended, is that bad? i was supposed to take it the next day my period ended, but my doctor told me to start the next day n that theyr all the same pill, not like the other kind of pill? what should i do? we're still using a condom just in case

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• Oh definitely still use other protection for at least 2 months. It takes a while for the hormones in the pill to take effect. I really don't think I ever started a pill the day I was "supposed" to. In the long run, your cycle will adjust to the pill, but protect yourself in the meantime. You"ll be okay starting a little late... :-)
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• use protection for atleast a month if not two it does take a while for it to be really effective. and dont worry about starting it a few days late your body will adjust to the pill. Becareful what medication you take becuz some antibiotics can make your birthcontrole less effective and becareful to not miss a pill becuz if you do there is a chance you can get pregnant.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am giving advice to you from someone who hasen't had to worry about that for a long time. I have never heard of this type, but always,always follow your Dr.s advise on something like this. When I take them they would tell you to start them on the sunday after you last day of your period, but like I said do what your Dr. says.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2008