Why does it bother me so much when someone doesn't say hello at work? I think right away "they don't like me why do i care so much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I guess because it gives you that uncomfortable/ackward feeling. I feel weird when people just look at me and don't say hi or anything either because it just seems tense.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I used to be like that too. Let it fly. More often than not, it isn't a case of the person not liking you. They probably have something else on their mind.

And really...life is too short to be worried about people not liking you; if they don't like you...don't bend over backwards to make them like you. Accept it for what it is and move on.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Probably because you spend a lot of time at work and it's easier when you get along with your co-workers. But, I wouldn't worry about it. There could be a number of reasons why they didn't say hello...and possibly none of them being that they don't like you. Try not to stress out! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You care because you are a genuinely friendly person. I'm the same way. I always greet everyone with a smile and a hello. I don't get people who don't do that. Don't take it personally though. I really don't believe it's about you. Some people are just like that, and we are not.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• thats how my stupid inlaws are with me they blow me off an dthey expect me to say hello to them so i learned just to blow them off and move on. if they dont say hi why should we, treat people the way they treat u.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am having the same issue right now. I am not sure. I guess because we might be expecting people to be too much like us. Knowing that we always try to make people feel comfortable and welcome.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It could be because your not doing the work they pay you to do. People at work should not be your concern. I am being very honest when I say this, those employees dont pay your bills the job does. So why would it concern you that some idiot making the same money as you didnt say hi to you....BTW, the same people that say hello to you with a smile on their faces are the same idiots talking crap about you at work behind your back...so it really shouldnt matter if they greet you or not.
    Anonymous

• There is this girl where I work that always looks pissed off about something and it makes me feel wierd. She just has that look to her face and she admitted that she isn't like that. Its just a random facial expression.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I feel that way. I get my feelings hurt so easily. I like the one person who says that those people at work shouldn't be our concern. I wish I could be like that.
    MicheleJenee

Answer by MicheleJenee at 10:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008