• In the Spotlight:

Very Confused

Ok so it's been 4 weeks since the postpatum bleeding stopped and I haven't gotten my period which I know sometimes it won't come back for awhile. Well I was suppose to start taking the pill when my DD was 3 or 4 weeks but I didn't so when do I try to start it??? Am I able too start now because I know your suppose to start after a period and also do I stop after 3 weeks when your suppose to get a period???
I'm so confused.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• You can start taking it whenever you want to.  If you are nursing it needs to be the mini-pill.  You take the pill according to the directions. Usually pills have a week of placebo pils that help you stay in the habit of taking them so you just go from one packet to the next.

spyfferoni

Answer by spyfferoni at 3:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Ask your doctor. Mine offered me b/c at my 6 week appointment. I declined, but I'm assuming you can start taking it whenever...?

I really don't know. Ask your doctor.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2008