I confrongted my daughter about why she started shaving her pubic hair all off

And she told me that most of her friends are doing it and they consider it very normal. Is it that common? Are you aware that any of your DD's are also doing this? Does this mean they are sexually active because they are paying so much attention to how they appear down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My guess would be yes. How would her friends know if she was bald or not? Why would they care? If a boy is seeing her vulva,thats a reason to shave it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have an affliction for hair. I don't like it, it disgusts me. I shave it all off. If my DD were to do the same, it's because she has learned it from me.

In the past it could be seen as something related to sex. Now, I see it as a cleanliness reason.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• O wow idk did you do it? sorry i dont know how to answer that one but ill def. give u a bump
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• For me it is a cleanliness thing. The hair tends to trap odors and wetness so it is easier to stay clean when there is no hair to trap moisture or odors. It is also VERY convenient during your cycle because as we all know sometimes clots happen.. and can get stuck.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It doesn't mean they are sexually active necessarily, and yes a lot of them do it, including myself, it bothers me and I think it is unclean when it is hairy down there. This sounds like how my mother reacted to finding out as a teen I wore tampons!!!! she thought I wasn't a virgin because of it.

Answer by older at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i shaved before i was sexually active, for me i couldnt stand that big ass bush down there. it was purely a cleanliness issue. i still shave to this day for that reason alone.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Very common these days. I get waxed because I don't like the hair, it has nothing to do with sex.

Answer by missanc at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i shaved down there when i wasl ike 16 too... i just preferred it hairless..she may have started bc her friends told her too but it doesnt mean shes doing the nasty..it is very common... about 99% of my friends shave or wax completely
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i i started shaving long before anything because when i was young my hair grew in very early and it drove me nuts. it was really uncomfortable. that's not to say you shouldnt worry about her being sexually active. that's a crazy age nowadays
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• How did you find out she was doing this anyway?
    Anonymous