Child Molestation Qeustion

my daughter was molested by my husbands ex step dad when she was 2 and it was going on for nearly a year before i found out about it. When i did i call the police filed a report took her to the hospital for an exam then the child advocacy center for a second exam. there wasnt enough physical evidence to convict him.This man also cheated on my mil and beat her and tried to choke her in front of her son who was 11 then,now my mil lives behind us and we found out she had been talkin to him for hours on the phone and now shes back together with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after all hes done she took him back. How messed up do u think that is? also now we cant talk to my hubbys lil brother because of this man he made her get a tpo against her own daughter and now shes willing to give up seein that daughter again after missin more then 7 years with her and two of her grandkids(one of her kids is only 14 so he doesnt have much choice in this hes just stuck) her other kid see wont be seein anymore is my husband and she wont be seein our 4 kids that she claims to love so much i believe she new he was molestin my daughter because she had said she was done tryin to protect him the day i filed the police report whats yalls opinions?

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• more then likely she did know or had some clue that he was. I would just walk away from it all, that way your children are safe and you dont have all of the bs to worry about. if you wanna see the other kids from his sister or brother, there is always meeting them at the park or somewhere were the kids and you all can be together.
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• crazy bitch doesnt deserve to be a part of you or your children's lives. if i thought she'd known anything about it i'd never let her near my kids again. you should try to take it to court to atleast keep a restraining order on him.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• that's messed up!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• What's my opinion? Stay the hell away from him, and if she is with him then stay the hell away from her. He is dangerous to anyone near him, and I would do my best to keep him away from anyone I could. If she wants to put herself in that situation there isn't much you can do about that, but do your best to keep any other potential victims out of harms way- your children, her children, his children- and report anything suspicious right away. If someone knew my daughter was being molested and didn't tell me, I would want to kill them in all honesty. She must be really messed up to be back with this guy but that's her problem, not yours. Stay far, far away from all of it and keep your eyes open.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my mothers' BIL raped her and got her pregnant, mom aborted the baby - we don't have any contact with my aunt's family becuase of this. I've never known my cousins, or my aunt or uncle. Mom always told us she was waiting for him to die, then we could get together again, but that hasn't happened yet (and that was 40 years ago that this happened) Our family's answer was just to stay completely away and not have any contact whatsoever. Whether that is right or wrong, that's how we handled it.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• how awful, I'm so sorry, she must have some serious issues to choose a man over her loved ones. The only good factor in this is your daughter's age, obviously none is good, but at least she's young enough maybe she wont' remember it. I'm so sorry.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• MIL lives behind you?? I'd worry about that. A LOT. Please tell your children they are NOT to go over there without you, EVER.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would move far, far away and husband's family would be kept away with a 100 foot pole at all times. Scary.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• you MIL is a sick bitch to have anything to do with a perverted sob like that, good riddence
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2011