sex therapy? adult content

30 years of marriage and 4 without sex. Both are still in love but she has no desire to engage on sexual relationship. Husband has file a court case do you think that judge will force the wife to go to sex therapy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• A judge could easily require her to go to sex therapy just as they require people to go to anger management classes. That does not mean she has to actually have sex with her husband though and if my husband did that to me I would purposely NOT be having sex with him. It sounds like there is more going on here then just the sex unless she was raped or something and I think that needs to be addressed before the sex part is ever going to get better.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• court case on what? there's no law that demands couples to engage in sexual relations, it's none of the courts business. they can rarely have court ordered therapy, in general, it's usually something like mediation- and unrelated to sex. if a couple things sex is the reaon their marriage/relationship is crumbling, they need to take a look deeper into what's preventing the desires for sex.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That's ridiculous. I can't imagine a judge actually allowing this in court.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• no. How could a judge do that??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Unless she's committed a sex crime,no judge is going to force a wife to undergo sex therapy because her husband wants her to have sex with him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Is the wife against counseling? Maybe therapy will help both of them, sex therapy isn't needed, I think a marriage counselor can address those issues. But more than likely if they deal with the other issues in their marriage, the sex drive will follow.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011