Can you breastfeed and be preggo?

Well the more important question is my daughter is 22 months and still breastfeed sometimes, she loves boobies as she calls it. SO when I get preggo will she have a hard time letting go?

armywifey6

Asked by armywifey6 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant right now and I stoped breastfeeding my daugther when she was over a year old. I had no problem with her letting go. She went straight for the bottle. She might have a problem since she's getting older...some babies are different? good luck
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Yes you can breastfeed while pregnant, and if you want to continue breastfeeding your toddler after the baby is born you can do that too - tandem nursing! But that's of course your own prerogative :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You most certainly can! I stopped nursing my son when he was 22 months old, just because I wanted to give him some time to adjust to the fact that my breasts were no longer "his." I was 27 weeks pregnant when I stopped nursing.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you can nurse when preggers but don't be shocked if baby pushes you away. the hormones from pregnancy can make your milk taste diffrent and they may not like ti
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yes. it is harder to get pregnant while breastfeeding, but it is still possible. especially if ur a mertyl fertile type.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• At 22 months, you need to wean your child from the breasts. It is important for proper tooth development. Just use a cup.
    catlee2127

Answer by catlee2127 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• SOmething you may not have though about...remember how tired, sick, nauseous, and irritable you were the first time around? Well times it by 20 because now you have a toddler in the mix! YOu may not want to continue nursing after you actually are pregnant. Give yourself the freedom to do what is best for you, your daughter will be just fine...she may fight it at first but when you are ready, it will work. But there is certainly no reason you can't nurse her until she goes to college if you want to! It is all up to you :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2008