High Risk Doctor Cycle?

Is anyone out there high risk? I'm wondering how often you have to go to the doctor? Has there been any hospitalizations? I have been in twice, for a week each time. I am wondering if this is normal or I'm just having a horrible pregnancy. Those two times don't even count the er visits cause of pain and dehydration. Husband is keeping the hospital bracelets to show the baby :P I just feel so BLEH all the time..

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 1:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had that with my pregnancys. I had seen 2 doctors a week at the end. I I will always be concidered high risk. With my son i was on bed rest the whole pregnancy. I was hospitlized alot with him. I had to find things to do for the time to go by. I had lots of help when i got pregnant with my daughter. I felt like my problems would never end. I know how you feel. Im not pregnant right now and i dont want to get pregnant for a long time..... But I hope this helps you. Keep your head up high.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 1:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It depends on why you are considering yourself "high risk." With baby #2, i had an ultrasound every month until 24 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that. With baby #3, I saw the perinatologist every other week for weeks 12 through 24. With this pregnancy, I only have to go once to the perinatologist if all goes well. It varies depending on what your issues are and what your OB is comfortable treating themselves.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 4:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'm not considering my self.. the doctors are. I have asthma sever, lymphademia, POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) have had two miscarriages unknown cause. I am also diabetic and have preeclampsia , and over weight. But between the shuffle of heart doctors to lung doctors to sleep studies and more I am going batty. I swear if I can get my self fixed after this I so am going for that option.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Im seeing a specialist just because im 41years old so they consider that high risk
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011