Weaker? Inferior?

In your opinion, why is the female gender and sex viewed as weaker and inferior to the male gender and sex in American society?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 1:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh...I could go on and on about this. For me, the fact is, in general, each sex has its weaknesses and strengths, and it really chaps my rear that women are considered a lesser sex...especially when other women want to force that nonsense on themselves and other women...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Its our history... Men would hunt, go to war, provide and protect. Women take care of the children which appears lesser or inferior to the strengths of a man. I'd like to see a man birth a 9 lb baby... That'll shut 'em up.
    In today's society I feel women are considered equal in most contexts. They are surgeons, attorneys, professors and they also run their homes on top of their careers. It takes a great deal of inner strength to handle both seamlessly and we do it every day.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I LOVED parrishsky's answer! I would only add that while some men have us in the physical strength dept. (mainly upper body- that's biology- not opinion) We (women) tend to be a bit on the emotional side at times- & unfortunately, men are told to stuff their emotions down & not let them out for fear of being accused of showing weakness. In reality, we know who runs the show tho! Am I right ladies?! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Also, compared to many other cultures, the American Woman is the symbol of strength (or at least modern progress). Be glad we dont live under the rules in some African, Asian or Middle Eastern cultures, where even expressing opinions on a site like this could get you killed!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It goes back to the cavemen, but we have come a long way baby!

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Inferior.......nah, I don't know anyone in the USA who really thinks that. But, we are physically weaker. That is just the way that is.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Probably because women tend to be physically weaker; also, women historically have not had the same legal protections under the law as men until very recently.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't think anyone is weaker than or inferior to anyone. But that's just me.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2011