Anyone lost a lot of weight? 50+lbs?

How did your S/O or Husband deal with the extra skin and stuff after you lost weight?
I'm afraid that the loose skin will turn my husband off more than if I just stayed the weight I'm at....He says he loves me no matter what, even if I didn't lose any. We still have sex and he says he finds me physically attractive.
5"11 280lbs...I want to be 180.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• well i lost 50 lbs of pregnancy weight. i was 160 the day i gave birth. i'm about 110 now. there's no extra skin
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• actually the only extra skin I have is my little pouch (my belly lol). it's been the hardest part of my body to tone up. Every other part of my body doesnt have any extra skin. Some stretch marks, but they arent crazy noticeable
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I know many who lost alot of weight and as long as you lose it slowlya nd workout there should not be excess extra skin...I am losing weight too an down 11pounds to 184 but plan to hit 130...well seems forever away but thats the GOAL!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've lost 50 pounds with no extra skin....now when I lose the next 50, maybe there will be a little, but if you lose slowly it should still be elestic
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• when I lost about 60 there wasn't really extra skin...but I lost it slowly- took about a year
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've been on Weight Watchers for 2 years. I'm down about 70 lbs, and because I'm losing it slowly (like you're supposed to), there's not that problem so far. I have another 35 to lose, so we'll see!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I once lost 95 lbs, and i did strength training and ab exercises while i was loosing weight to tone up, and i only had a little tiny bit of flab hanging on front, which was ok, because i am was not able to wear bikini on count of stretch marks.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've lost 65lbs and I did it fairly slowly (2yrs - the 1st 50 though were in less than a year) I don't have loose skin, but trust your dh...if he says he doesn't care, don't worry about it! Sounds like he loves YOU!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Losing the weight slowly will help allow the skin to shrink back better. I've lost 48 lbs so far, with about 60 more to my initial goal of 160. I have some loose skin on my arms and belly, but it has, for the most part, shrunken as I've lost the weight. I know that part of that is because I am being healthy, giving my body lots of nutrients through my food, keeping my body hydrated, and exercising. The extra skin is better than being so overweight. I'd rather deal with THAT for the rest of my life than the knee and back pain I no longer have, or the lack of energy I had, or the high risk for heart disease, diabetes, and cancer I was putting my body through. DH is LOVING my new body (I wish he would do the same thing), and it has improved our sex life. We can also get into more positions! LOL YOU CAN DO THIS! Feel free to PM me if you'd like. :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011