UGH! Stressed! **More of a vent**

My husband has been laid off for over a year. I have been unemployed since June and couldn't find a job because I was pregnant. I had my baby in December & I am having some minor surgery next week. Once my surgery is over I am going to try and find a job. My DH is going back already, but there are a LOT of overdue bills from the past year. So I want to go back to work too. The issue is I don't have a sitter I can trust. I contacted the local daycare (there is only one) and they said it's $20 a day per child. So at 3 kids I'll be paying $60 a day and having to provide disposable diapers (which we don't believe in using) for the baby. Now, the issue is I have NEVER made that kind of money! I'll be going back at around $8 an hour, but after taxes I'm not even going to bring home that much.

But here's the real thing. My landlord wants her money, which I don't blame her for. She said if she doesn't see us at least making an effort to pay her what we owe her she's going to kick us out. But we are actually going to loose money if I go back because we will not only have to pay daycare but we'll have to pay for things like diapers and formula and gas for the car and parking... But if I don't go back to work she's going to think we aren't making an effort, which isn't the case...

We thought we were going to get back enough in our taxes to pay her back, but we are only going to get enough for half of what we owe... I don't know what I should do... If I could just find a way to make the money and have someone to care for the kids I would, but I don't know what else to do.

What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• can you guys work opposite shifts? child care is so expensive even if you find reasonable rates it adds up! I make 15 and we just need 1 FTand the older kids before school and it still adds up for us! WHat about working his off days? Sorry childcare is stressful! I can relate
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I agree with working opposite shifts if possible. It is hard, but worth it if you need the money. What kind of hours does your SO work?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Working opposite shifts is a good idea!
    You could also do something on the weekends or after hours- deliver pizza or being a waitress. Some places let you take the tips home the same day.
    You could deliver newspapers in the morning before your husband goes to work.
    Clean homes or offices on the weekends or after he gets off work. Put an ad up online, and at local grocery stores to help you find clients.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Where do you live I wish I could help I would watch your kids for you. I feel what you are saying it like me i only make 825 and it is only part time I just found out Im prego. So now Im like what are we going to do when the baby gets here my youngest is 3 and my boys they go to school. but if I get a full time job who is going to get the boys off the bus and get my 3 year old now another baby on the way. I do know this everything always works out. Be glade u have a job most people cant say that be happy you have kids most women would die to have a baby. A most important be happy you have a man trying to do the right thing for his family you will have ups and downs that life but there will be a rainbow at the end of the storm. Hope this can help you a little have a good day bye
    GiaVonnie25

Answer by GiaVonnie25 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011