Which do you prefer? Xbox or Wii? why?

I'm thinking about buying a gaming system. just didn't know which I should get though.. which did you get? Why? (please no anti gaming opinions..thank you.) I am leaning towards the Wii but want to know about those singing games.. i like to sing... :) (although my family probably doesn't really want to be tortured like that. haha! too bad! )

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• WII it's a lot of fun.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Wii is great for families. Xbox is tailored for mature players.

We have both.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If I had the budget I would get the WII because my husband wants one for the kids.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think the wii is more fun. I think it is best if you have kids, because there are games that will help them stay active. I myself have a X box 360 which is a lot of fun but isn't interactive unless you get the knechts. The singing games on the Wii are lots of fun it is like having a karaoke machine. It is also pretty easy, I would also recommend the just dance games they are very fun as well as a good source of exercise. Good luck
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 1:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• After a month long shopping fest, my husband and I went with the XBox Kinect. I love the fact that there are no controls to worry about. I love the fact that it automatically finds me and signs me in. I observed the Wii and the Kinect, and we just liked the idea of no controls. I can't really say too much about the Wii, because other than that, that's the only experience I have had with it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Wii has a lot more kid friendly games and I think it's more for all ages whereas the Xbox has more mature games. With the Kinect that just came out for Xbox, I think there will be some more kid friendly games in the works though. I will say I do prefer the graphics of the Xbox better than Wii. We have both and my 5 year old gets more enjoyment out of the Wii, hubby and I prefer the Xbox.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We have a wii and it is family friendly. I don't game much and I can use as well as my 2 1/2 yo uses it. I really love the workout games that go with the wii. I workout for a min of 15 a day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We have both. We haven't touched the Wii in 2 years. I'm not really into it, too much bother. My teen son loves the x-box. He would play all day if I let him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Wii is great for kids.. Nintendo really aims more for the family freindly games. XBox is great and has some fun games, but you are gonna be looking at stuff geared more towards adults... that and Kinect is pretty cool. I personally prefer Playstion, but we have a Wii too, lol.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my husband bought me a wii for Christmas. he finally hooked it up for me the other day i got to use it five minutes. but my kids love it. It gives the arms a workout i must say. the kids had to teach me now my mom is wanting a wii for herself to lol
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011