How do you make meatloaf?

My mom used to make it a lot when I was younger, and I never found out how too, and Ive been craving it lately. So does anyone know of a simple meatloaf recipe?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, worchestershire sauce, 2 eggs and some bread crumbs. mix it all together in a big bowl. mold into a log, put on sheet and bake at 350 until brown. about 20-30 min
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I use about 2 pounds of ground beef, three slices of bread torn into pieces, 2 eggs, about 1/4 cup maybe 1/3 cup of ketchup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. Mix it all together, put it in a loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, until the middle is cooked. Then I top it with more ketchup. Spread it over the top in a thin layer, kind of like frosting, and bake another 5- 10 minutes until the ketchup is baked on.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I use about 2 pounds of beef. 2 eggs, bread crumbs (maybe a cup...IDK I don't measure anything) I add a packet of the onion soup mix as well. Then I put it in a bread pan and add some water mixed with worchestershire sauce not a lot, just a couple shakes of the bottle, and I also add a couple shakes of soy sauce. Then I cover the pan with alum foil and bake it. Towards the end I take the foil off and cook it another 10 minutes. The water sauce mixture soaks up into the meatloaf and makes it moist and delicious. I'm not a fan of making it with ketchup, and that style.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My way - which is a secret recipe that I created. Everyone who has had it raves about how much better it is than typical meatloaf..and it's my Husband and Our Son's favorite meal!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oh, I forgot, about half of a medium onion chopped....I don't have a recipe, I just put it all in there.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• hamburger or ground turkey, salt, pepper, egg, bread or cracker crumbs, sometimes if have onions and diced peppers and that is all. Can if like tacos use taco seasoning.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011